Green beans or string beans
1. Excellent source of fiber, vitamin B1, vitamin B6, folate, magnesium and potassium.
2. Green beans provide us with vitamin K as well as some percent of calcium which improves bone health.
3. Contains adequate amount of folate.(which is healthy for our brain and body)
4. Also contains adequate amount of folic acid and some amount of iron.(required during pregnancy)
Note- Folic acid is synthetic(made by combining different substances) form of folate. So it is easy to add to the supplements and food.
Folate occurs naturally in dark green leafy vegetables.
5. Contains high amount of chlorophyll.
Chlorophyll- Is a natural, fat soluble pigment responsible for the green color in plants. It's healthy for our body as it absorbs energy direct from sunlight for photosynthesis, which results in production of oxygen, fruits and vegetables.
6. Decreases the risk of obesity, diabetes, heart disease with increased energy and overall lowers weight.