1. Different types of beans (kidney, black, navy, pinto etc.)
3. Lentils (yellow split, green split peas, brown lentils etc)
Take one cup of mixed beans and lentils, soak them in water for 8 hours or overnight.
4. Green chili (chopped)
5. Two cloves of garlic (chopped)
6. Onion (cubes)
7. Carrot and green beans 1/4th cup (shredded)
8. Cauliflower 1/2 cup (small pieces)
9. Cabbage 1/2 cup (shredded)
10. Tomato (cubes)
11. Olive oil 2 tbs
12. Salt to taste
13. Chili powder 1 tsp
14. Smoked mixed spice 2 tsp
15. Black pepper powder 2 tsp
16. Cilantro (finely chopped)
1. Cook the beans and lentils and keep them aside.
2. Take 2 tbs of olive oil in a sauce pan add the green chilies, garlic and the onion, saute them for few seconds.
3. Now add carrot and beans, saute them for a minute.
4. Add cauliflower and cabbage and cook them for 1-2 minutes
5. Add the diced tomatoes and cover it for a minute, so that tomatoes are cooked
6. Then add salt to taste, chili powder, smoked mixed spice and black pepper, cook for a minute
7. Add the cooked lentils and two cups of water and bring it to a boil.
8. Finally garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.