1. Boiled chickpeas 2 cup
2. Tomato 2 (grind it to make puree)
3. Oil 4 tbs
4. Turmeric 1 tsp
5. Cumin powder 1 tsp
6. Chili powder 2 tsp
7. Ginger powder 2 tsp
8. Coriander powder 1 tbs
9. Salt to taste
10. Pinch of sugar
11. Black pepper powder 1/2 tsp
1. In a heavy bottom container, take 4 tbs of oil and add the tomato puree in it.
2. Cook the tomatoes in medium to low heat for few minutes or till the tomato puree is cooked.
3. Now add the turmeric powder, cumin powder, chili powder, ginger powder, coriander powder, salt to taste, pinch of sugar, and finally black pepper powder.
4. Add 2-4 tbs of water and cook the gravy, till all the ingredients are mixed properly.
5. Finally add 2 cups of boiled chickpea and cook for 5 minutes on medium to low heat. (add small amount of water if needed)
6. After cooking the chickpea in the gravy for sometime, add 1/2 cup of water and let it boil.
7. When the gravy is reduced to half switch off the heat and cover it for few minutes.
8. Serve hot with chapatis, pulao or rice.