1. Cauliflower 1 cup (cut into pieces)
2. Cabbage 1 cup (cut into pieces)
3. Carrot 1 cup (cut into pieces)
4. Green beans 1 cup (cut into pieces)
5. Capsicum 1 cup (cut into cubes)
6. Beet root 1 cup (cut into pieces)
7. Green peas 1 cup
8. Onion 1/2 cup (chopped)
9. Tomatoes 1 cut (chopped)
10. Salt to taste
11. Turmeric powder 2 tsp
12. Coriander powder 2 tbsp
13. Pav bhaji masala powder 4 tbs
14. Coriander leaves (finely chopped)
15. Butter 2 tbsp
16. Cooking oil 2 tbsp
17. Ginger garlic 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
18. Sweet bread
1. In a pressure cooker take 2 tbsp of cooking oil, to which add 1 tbsp of finely chopped ginger garlic, saute for few seconds now add chopped onions and cook till golden brown. when the onions are cooked add chopped tomatoes and cooke till the raw smell of the tomatoes are gone.
2. Once the tomatoes are cooked, add salt to taste, 2 tsp of turmeric powder, 2 tbs of coriander powder and 2 tbsp of pav bhaji masala powder and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, sprinkle water if needed. (pav bhaji masala consist of a lot of spices including red chili powder in it, so no need to add any extra spices).
3. When the masala is done cooking, add all the vegetables (wash the vegetables properly before cooking). Stir the veggies, pour 1 and 1/2 cup of water and cover the lid. Wait for one whistle, on medium to high heat. Once the whistle is done, let the pressure to release.
4. Open the lid of the pressure cooker, while the curry is boiling mix all the vegetables using a hand blender, mixer or a hand masher.
5. Check the consistency of the gravy and add water or reduce the gravy by boiling it for more time. Once everything is checked, add 2tbsp of pav bhaji masala powder and handful of finely chopped coriander leaves.
6. Now turn off the heat and add 2 tbsp of butter, Take it out and keep it aside. Now on a skillet warm (mild toast) the breads or the pav from both the sides. Add butter (optional)
7. Garnish with some extra butter, chopped onion, lemon and pavs. And enjoy your street style pav bhaji.
Thank you, eat healthy and stay healthy.
Note- Potato is one of the main ingredient in pav bhaji. Add potato if you like it that way. To mash the curry you can also use mixer or hand masher.