Indigestion is one of the most common condition that occurs due to many underlying diseases. Indigestion can cause many painful symptoms and discomfort mainly affecting our stomach and food pipe(oesophagus). This can be treated by treating the underlying causes and maintaining a healthy life style. Unhealthy eating habits, not taking your food at time and most importantly not drinking enough water are few causes of indigestion. Taking care of these small things can make you healthy and keep you away from ingestion and related problems. Lets know other reasons, symptoms and treatment of indigestion.
Indigestion also known (dyspepsia) is a problem that can cause due to many underlying reasons, few reasons include-
1. Gastroesophageal reflux disease.
2. Stomach ulcer
3. Problem in the secretion of digestive juice
4. Eating spicy or fatty food
5. Over eating
6. Anxiety or stress
10. Improper eating habits
Symptoms of Indigestion-
3. Acidic taste
4. Stomach bloating
6. Abdominal pain
8. Upper abdominal pain
9. Growling stomach
1. From medicines to home remedies there are many way to treat indigestion. But maintaining a healthy life style can completely avoid indigestion and other related problems.
2. Drink plenty of water to avoid indigestion.
3. If symptoms persists contact to your doctor.
4. Few home remedies can also be done-
- Ginger, extract juice or adding ginger to your tea can help in indigestion.
- Boil fennel seed (saunf) and carom seed (ajwain) in water for 10 minutes, strain it. Mix one cup of water to half cup of concentrated fennel seed & carom seed water, and drink when you feel indigestion.
- Basil leaves (tulsi ke patte) is widely known as an excellent Ayurvedic remedy for gastritis and indigestion.
- Cinnamon also helps in indigestion. Make a cup of cinnamon tea or add one teaspoon of cinnamon to a glass of warm water, and drink it.
- Cumin is also great for indigestion and related symptoms. Roast and powder the cumin, add one teaspoon to a glass of water for drinking.
5. Other things-
- Avoid extremely spicy food
- Do not lie down immediately after taking a meal
- Eat smaller meals
- Exercise regularly
- Cut down on alcohol consumption
- Avoid smoking
- Manage stress
- Sleep 3-4 hours after having dinner
- Sleep in time
*DISCLAIMER- THIS ARTICLE IS WRITTEN TO PROVIDE ONLY INFORMATION AND GENERAL IDEA.
THIS ARTICLE SHOULD NOT BE USED, TO DIAGNOSE OR TREAT ANY MEDICAL CONDITION.
PLEASE CONSULT YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER BEFORE ANY DIAGNOSIS,TREATMENT OR MEDICATION.