Food to eat in type 1 diabetes
Type 1 diabetes also known as the Insulin dependent diabetes is a chronic condition in which pancreas produce little or no Insulin. As there is little or no Insulin, one should take care of the diet avoiding unhealthy food. First lets see food to avoid with type 1 diabetes.
Food to avoid-
1. Avoid eating food rich in carbohydrates like, white rice, sweet corns.
2. White flour or all purpose flour like in cakes, bread, pastas.
3. Potatoes in french fries, mashed potatoes with butter.
4. Table sugar in processed juice, cold coffee.
5. Processed sugary food like cookies or crackers.
6. Saturated fats like, butter, clarified butter, cheese.
7. Full fat dairy like, whole milk, whole cream.
8. High fat meat like, ground beef.
9. Excess alcohol.
10. High sugar containing fruits and starchy vegetables, which are high in carbohydrates.
Food to eat-
1. Eat a lot of vegetables including, bitter gourd, ridge gourd, egg plant, cauliflower, cabbage, beans, raw papaya etc.
2. Green leafy vegetables like. spinach, kale, mustard greens.
3. Other vegetables like, Sweet potatoes and tomatoes.
4. Fruits like Berries, apples and citrus fruits.
5. Different type of beans and lentils.
6. Healthy nuts (in the morning)
7. Healthy oils like, olive oil.
8. Take low fat dairy product like low-fat milk and yogurt.
9. Whole grain foods like, whole wheat, oats and barley etc.
10. Brown rice.
11. Fish like salmon which contain omega-3 fatty acid.
12. Unprocessed home-made juice, green tea etc.
Not only eating good and healthy foods in diabetes, important but also eating in time is equally important. Taking meals in right time, not skipping your meal and exercise are important to control diabetes.
*Disclaimer- This article is written to provide only information and general idea.
This article should not be used, to diagnose or treat any medical condition.
Please consult your healthcare provider before any diagnosis, treatment or medication.