Urinary tract infection can be painful as well as irritating. But by simple food remedies, UTI can be treated at home.
1. Drink plenty of water, atleast 8-10 glasses of water everyday to avoid UTI. If you see any sign of UTI, drink 10-12 glasses of water a day. This can help to flush away the bacteria that causes infection.
2. Eat food or drink juices which contains more amount of Vitamin C. As Vitamin C helps to make the urine more acidic and this inhibits the growth of bacteria.
Few fruits and vegetables that contain higher number of Vitamin C are, Orange, lime, lemon, guava, kiwi, berries, Green leafy vegetables, bell peppers, tomatoes, broccoli.
3. Eat fruits with high water content like, Watermelon, cantaloupe, grapefruit, strawberries, pineapple.
4. Eat plenty of vegetables with high water content, Cucumber, zucchini, celery, lettuce, radish.
5. Baking soda and water also helps to reduce UTI.
*There are number of causes for UTI and severe conditions may need medical attention and urine tests.
*Disclaimer- This article is written to provide only information and general idea.
This article should not be used, to diagnose or treat any medical condition.
Please consult your healthcare provider before any diagnosis, treatment or medication.