Tips to cook biryani rice
For dum biryani (chicken)
1. For 2 cups of basmati rice, take 5 cups of water.
2. Add salt to taste, biryani spices and 2 tbs of ghee/vegetable oil to the water.
3. When water starts to boil put the rice and cook for 15-20 minutes or till the rice is half cooked.
4. Drain the excess water.
5. Now use the rice for dum biryani.
For one-pot biryani (chicken)
1. Soak basmati rice for 2 hours before cooking.
2. Prepare the biryani curry with masala and spices.
3. Add the soaked basmati rice.
4. For 2 cups of rice use 4 cups of water.
5. Cook for 30 minutes on lower to medium flame.
6. Add few tbs of water if needed.
For vegetable and egg biryani
1. For 2 cups of rice take 4 cups of water.
2. Boil water with all biryani spices, salt and oil/ghee.
3. Add the rice and cover the lid.
4. Cook for 15 minutes on medium to high heat.
5. Now add prepared vegetables or eggs (as desired).
6. Cook for 10-15 more minutes on low heat.