Perfectly cooked puloa
For sweet pulao-
1. Take 2 cups of rice in 4 cups of water (double the water)
2. Add required spices to water, when water starts to boil add the rice.
3. Cook covered for 15-20 minutes on low to medium flame.
4. Add sugar/jaggery at the end. Then cook for 5 more minutes.
5. Put ghee(clarified butter) & serve hot.
-Adding sugar at the end will help the rice to cook perfectly.
-Adding sugar at beginning won't cook the rice as well as the rice may stick to the bottom.
For vegetable pulao
1. Take 2 cups of rice in 5 cups of water.
2. Boil water with vegetables, salt, spices, ghee/oil after few minutes add the rice.
3. Cook covered for 15-20 minutes on low to medium heat.
4. If you want to add fried vegetables then take 2 cups of water for 2 cups of rice.
5. Add salt, spices, when water comes to a boil add the rice.
6. Cook covered for 10-15 minutes.
7. Now add the fried vegetables and cook for 5-10 minutes more.
8. Garnish with mint leaves or coriander leaves and serve hot.
For boiled rice pulao
1.Take 1 cup of rice with 3 cups of water.
2. Soak the boiled rice before 2 hours prior to cooking.
3. Add salt, oil & spices to water and bring it to boil, add rice.
4. Cook covered on low to medium heat for 30-40 minutes.
5. Keep it covered for 15 minutes more and serve hot.
For pressure cooker
1. Take 1 cup of rice for 2 cups of water (double the water)
2. Add salt, ghee/oil, spices, water and rice, all in the pressure cooker.
3. Cook on medium heat for 2 whistle.
4. Turn off the heat and wait till pressure is released.
5. Serve hot with curd or curry.