Tips to cook Brown rice
Cooking brown rice
There are three ways to cook brown rice-
1. The perfect cooked brown rice-
-To make perfect cooked brown rice, in a big saucepan boil 3 cups of water.
- Wash the 1 cup of brown rice and put in the boiled water.
- Cover and cook on medium heat for 35-40 minutes.
- Drain the excess water and cover it for 10-15 minutes.
- Perfectly cooked steamed brown rice is ready.
- To make sticky brown rice, In a big saucepan take 2 cups of water, 1 cup of brown rice and 2 tsp of salt.
- Cook covered on low to medium heat for 45-50 minutes. Add water and stir as required.
- Turn off the heat and keep it aside covered for 10-15 minutes.
(No need to drain)
3. How to cook brown rice quickly-
- To cook the brown rice quickly, soak the 1 cup of brown rice for 4-5 hours.
- When water starts boiling add the soaked rice into it.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes on medium to high heat. (add water if required)
- Drain the excess water.
- Quick made steamed brown rice is ready.