1. Chicken 600 grams (leg piece)
2. Curd 1/2 cup
3. Onion paste 2 tbs
4. Ginger paste 1 tbs
5. Garlic paste 1 tbs
6. Lemon juice 1 tbs
7. Salt to taste
8. Turmeric powder 4 tsp
9. Chili powder (kasmiri) 4 tsp
10. Coriander powder 2 tsp
11. Curry powder 2 tsp (optional)
12. Garam masala powder 2-4 tsp
13. Mustard oil 5 tbs
1. Take the chicken wash, clean and give incisions. keep it aside.
2. For the first marination take the chicken leg pieces add salt to taste, 2 tsp of turmeric powder and lemon juice. Rub the marination all over the chicken. Keep it covered for 30 minutes.
3. For the second marination, take the first marinated chicken, add curd, onion paste, ginger paste, garlic paste, salt to taste, 2 tsp of turmeric powder, chili powder (use kasmiri for color), coriander powder, curry powder, garam masala powder and mustard oil. Mix all the ingredients nicely, rub all over the chicken, stuff the marination into the incision made.
4. Keep it covered in the fridge overnight or at least 6-8 hours before baking.
5. Now place this marinated chicken on a oven tray with a rack.
6. Bake on 400 degree fahrenheit (200 degree celsius) for 30-40 minutes. Check in between, turn sides if needed.
7. Take it out (be careful of hot oven) serve hot with onion and green pudina chutney.