Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes, also known as the adult onset diabetes is a chronic condition that affects the way the body processes the glucose. In type 2 diabetes the body is unable to use the insulin properly or in other words pancreas make insulin but the cells don't use them, thus known to be insulin resistance. As the body is able to produce insulin but can't use it, type 2 diabetes is also known as Non-insulin dependent diabetes.
Food to avoid in Type 2 diabetes
1. Food rich in carbohydrates such as white rice, sweet corn.
2. Food made of all purpose flour or white flour, including cakes, bread and pastas.
3. Foods that contains high amount of unsaturated fats trans fats like butter, shortening and cheese
4. Processed meat and beef.
5. Processed sugary drinks, like apple juice, orange juice etc.
6. Processed sugary snack like cookies, crackers which also contains all purpose flour.
7. Full fat dairy product like, whole milk, whole cream.
8. Potatoes, deep fried, mashed, curried etc.
9. High sugar containing fruits like, banana, mango, cherries and grapes.
10. High carbohydrate containing vegetables or starchy vegetables like potatoes, peas, sweet potatoes, yams, beans, quinoa.
11. Reduce drinking excess amount of alcohol.
Food to eat in Type 2 diabetes
1. Eat a lot of vegetables including, bitter gourd, ridge gourd, egg plant, cauliflower, cabbage, beans, raw papaya etc.
2. Green leafy vegetables like. spinach, kale, mustard greens.
3. Other vegetables like, Sweet potatoes and tomatoes.
4. Fruits like Berries, apples and citrus fruits.
5. Different type of beans and lentils.
6. Healthy nuts (in the morning)
7. Healthy oils like, olive oil.
8. Take low fat dairy product like low-fat milk and yogurt.
9. Whole grain foods like, whole wheat, oats and barley etc.
10. Brown rice.
11. Fish like salmon which contain omega-3 fatty acid.
12. Unprocessed home-made juice, green tea etc.
Not only eating good and healthy foods in diabetes, important but also eating in time is equally important. Taking meals in right time, not skipping your meal and exercise are important to control diabetes.
*Disclaimer- This article is written to provide only information and general idea.
This article should not be used, to diagnose or treat any medical condition.
Please consult your healthcare provider before any diagnosis, treatment or medication.