1. Sooji (semolina) 1 cup
2. Ghee (clarified butter) 1/2 cup
3. Sugar 1 & 1/2 cup
4. Cashew 5-6 pieces
5. Raisin 5-6 pieces (optional)
6. Cardamom buds 2
1. Heat ghee (clarified butter) in a pan and add sooji (semolina) and roast till lightly brown. Stir continuously and take care not to burn, take out and keep it aside.
2. Take 1 tbs of ghee in pan and roast the cashews and raisins, keep them aside.
3. Now take 1 & 1/2 cup of sugar and 2 cups of water, boil it to make a thin consistency sugar syrup. Powder the cardamom bud and add to the sugar syrup.
4. Now slowly add the roasted sooji (semolina) and cook on medium to high heat till its cooked and the syrup is evaporated, add roasted cashew and raisins and cover it for10-15 minutes.
5. Serve hot and enjoy your halwa.