For Dal tadka
1. For 1 cup of toor dal or arhar dal, take 3 cups of water.
2. Wash the dal, add to water and cook on medium heat for 30 minutes.
3. Add your choice of seasonings. (salt,turmeric,curry powder)
4. When the dal is cooked temper with ghee/butter or oil and your choice of spices.
Cook Toor dal fast without pressure cooker
1. Soak toor dal in hot water for 1 hour before cooking.
2. Now for 1 cup of dal take 2 1/2 cups of water .
3. Wash dal, add water and cook on high heat for 15 minutes.
4. Turn off the heat and cover the dal for 30 minutes.
5. Add spices and seasonings as needed.
Cook toor dal in pressure cooker
1. For 1 cup of toor dal take 2 cups of water. Wash the dal before cooking.
2. Now in a pressure cooker take, toor dal and water. Close the lid.
3. Cook the dal on medium to low heat until one whistle is done.
4. Turn off the heat and wait till pressure is released.
5. Add spices, seasoning and tempering as needed.
For sweet toor dal
1. Soak toor dal in hot water for at least 2 hours before cooking.
2. For 1 cup of dal take one cup of water. Wash dal before cooking.
3. Now in a pot take dal and water and cook on low to medium heat.
4. Cover while cooking, add water if needed, stir occasionally.
5. Cooking time may vary from 10 to 20 minutes.
6. Add sugar at last