1. Paneer (cottage cheese) 200 grams
2. Onion 1 cup (diced)
3. Ginger 1 tbs (chopped)
4. Tomatoes 1 cup (diced)
5. Butter 2 tbs
6. Heavy cream 1/2 cup
7. Salt to taste
8. Turmeric powder 1 tsp
9. Coriander powder 2 tsp
10. Curry powder 2 tsp
11. Garam masala powder 2 tsp
12. Bay leaf 1
13. Cumin seed 2 tsp
14. Cashew nut 5-6 pieces
15. Cooking oil (if required)
16. Red chili powder 2 tsp
1. Cut the paneer into triangles and keep them aside. Now in a pan take 1 tbs of cooking oil add bay leaf and cumin seed, saute for a second and add diced onions cook the onions till golden brown.
2. Now add ginger cook for a minute, add diced tomatoes and cashew nuts and cook till the tomatoes are cooked.
3. Add salt to taste, turmeric powder, coriander powder, curry powder and red chili powder cook for 2 more minutes on medium to low heat. Take out and keep it aside to cool down.
4. After the fried masala cools down blend it to a smooth paste ( remember to take out the bay leaf before blending the masala).
5. Now in a pan take 1 tbs of butter, add the masala paste you made and a cup of water. Cover and lid and let it to boil for 5-6 minutes on medium heat. Stir in between so that it does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
6. Add paneer (cottage cheese), 1 tbs butter, garam masala and boil for 2 more minutes.
7. Finally add fresh heavy cream, cover the lid and turn off the heat.
8. Garnish with 1 tbs of cream and serve hot with steamed rice, roti or naan.