1. Rajma or Kidney beans 2 cup
2. Onion 1 cup (finely chopped)
3. Ginger 1 tbs (finely chopped)
4. Garlic 1 tbs (finely chopped)
5. Green chili 1/2 tbs (finely chopped)
6. Cooking oil 2 tbs
7. Cumin seed 1 tsp
8. Bay leaf 1
9. Salt to taste
10. Turmeric powder 1 tsp
11. Curry powder 2 tsp
12. Coriander powder 1 tbs
13. Red chili powder 2 tsp (kashmiri)
14. Cumin powder 1 tsp
15. Garam masala powder 1 tsp
1. Soak the rajma or kidney beans over night, and cook till soft. Or cook the beans in pressure cooker on medium to high heat for 3-4 whistle.
2. Now in a pan take cooking oil, add cumin seed, bay leaf and green chili, saute for few seconds. Add chopped onion saute for couple of minutes.
3. Add chopped ginger, garlic and cook till the raw smell of the ginger garlic is gone.
4. Add chopped tomatoes and cook for 2 more minutes.
5. Now add salt to taste, turmeric powder, curry powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, and cumin powder, add 2-3 tbs of water and cook all the seasonings for few minutes on medium to low heat.
6. Now add rajma or kidney beans and a cup of water and let it to boil for 5-7 minutes.
7. Sprinkle garam masala powder and cover the lid.
8. Serve it hot with steamed rice and enjoy your Rajma Chawal.