1. Semolina (sooji) 1 cup
2. All purpose flour (maida) 1 cup
3. Sugar 1 cup
4. Butter 1/2 cup (melted)
5. Milk (warm) 1 cup
6. Fresh cream 1 cup
7. Vanilla extract 2 tsp
8. Baking (soda) powder 1 tbs
1. In a bowl take 1/2 cup of butter and 1 cup of sugar, whisk till the butter is mixed with the sugar.
2. Now add warm milk and whisk for 2 minutes, add fresh cream and whisk for 2-3 more minutes.
3. Now add 1 cup of all purpose flour, 1 cup of semolina and 2 tsp of vanilla extract, mix all the ingredients together nicely and keep it aside for 15-20 minutes (so that semolina softens).
4. After 20 minutes add 1 tbs of baking powder and pour the mixture into a baking tray. Place it inside the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes on 350 degree F.
5. After 30 minutes turn off the oven, take out the cake and let it cool down.
6. Serve and enjoy your yummy semolina (sooji) cake.
Note- Liquid portion in this recipe is more, but the semolina is going to soak in the liquid and cake is going to be perfect. Less amount of liquid can make the cake dry.