Tips to tenderize meat
1. Pounding- Pounding is one of the most effective way to tenderize meat. Use a mallet to beat the meat from all the sides in order to tenderize the meat.
2. Natural tenderizers- Before cooking marinade the meat with raw papaya (puree) or pineapple (puree) for 30 minutes. These fruits contain enzymes that help the meat to tenderize.
3. Natural acids- Marinade the meat with natural acids like, lemon juice, yogurt, buttermilk for at least 20-30 minutes before cooking.
4. Slice them thin- Slice the meat to small and thin portions, this will lead the meat to cook faster.
5. Meat tenderizers- Many meat tenderizers are available in the market, which help the meat to tenderize. You can also soak the meat in few tsp of vinegar for 15-20 minutes before cooking.
Note- Do not marinade the meat in any tenderizers for more than 30 minutes, marinating for longer time can weaken the protein structure.