Types of diet
Food can make us look fat and food can make us loose weight, it gives us energy and strength food being the most important part of daily life is most ignored. Though exercise is known to be the best way to loose weight but without a proper diet there is no use of those few hours in the gym. But having proper nutritional and balanced diet with moderate exercise can help you maintain a healthy weight and healthy lifestyle. There are different kind of diet for weight lose but we will discuss few of them with there pros and cons.
1. Ketogenic Diet
2. Vegan Diet
3. Atkins Diet
4. No fat Diet/ Boiled food Diet
5. Veggie Diet
6. Raw food Diet
7. Paleo Diet
8. Dukan Diet
9. Zone Diet
10. Balanced Diet
Other types of diets are-
- Low carb Diets, HCG Diet, Blood type Diet, Cabbage Diet, Fat flush Diet, Mediterranean Diet, High protein Diet.
1. Ketogenic diet - Ketogenic diet or also known as (Keto diet) is a low carbohydrate, high fat and moderate protein diet. During this diet plan you drastically reduce the carbohydrate intake and replace it by taking fat and protein, which includes 70% of fat, 25% of protein and 5% of carbohydrate (15-30 grams of carbohydrate every day). The reduction of carbohydrate intake puts the body into a metabolic state called ketosis (a metabolic process occurs when body does not have enough glucose for energy, it burns stored fat, resulting in build up of acids called ketones within the body).
2. Vegan diet - Vegan Diet is the type of diet which consists of plant-derived foods only. Vegan foods do not consist any non-vegetarian food and milk products, like egg, fish, meat etc. Milk, curd, cheese, etc. Or any food containing these. Even honey is avoided as they are made from lives of bees. A vegan diet includes vegetables, fruits, beans, grains and sesds/nuts.
3. Atkins Diet - Atkins diet is a low carbohydrate diet, which basically includes 4 phases. And they are-
- Phase 1 (Induction)- Includes eating of less than 20 grams of carbohydrate for first 2 weeks.
- Phase 2 (Balance)- Add nuts and fruits to your daily life. Increase your carbohydrate intake to 20-50 grams per day.
- Phase 3 (Fine-tuning)- Add more carbohydrate to your diet. At least 60-80 grams of carbohydrate per day.
- Phase 4 (Maintenance)- Add healthy carbohydrates to your diet. 80-100 grams of carbohydrate per day.
4. No fat diet/Boiled food diet- Boiled food diet includes eating boiled veggies, egg, fish and chicken. Avoid sugar, trans fats and unsaturated fats. For energy take 60-80 grams of carbohydrate, beans, legumes, healthy nuts, fruits, milk and curd.
5. Veggie diet- Veggie diet or vegetarian diet includes eating vegetables, fruits, lentils, milk product, nuts etc. Avoiding non-vegetarian food, white rice, white flour, sugar and unsaturated fats (butter, ghee etc).
6. Raw food diet- Raw food diet includes food that are not cooked like fruits, citrus fruits. Vegetables including cucumber, carrot, red bell peppers, radishes, red cabbage, spinach, lettuces, kale, celery etc. Healthy nuts like almond, walnut etc. Different kind of sprouts, pasteurized milk, curd, cottage and processed cheese etc.
* Raw fruits and vegetables may have traces of pesticides and insecticides, which may cause different type of health and hormonal problems. Wash the fruits and veggies nicely before eating. Try eating organic fruits and vegetables, which may contain less amount of pesticides.
7. Paleo diet- A paleo diet or also known as the 'caveman diet' includes food that can be hunt or food that doesn't consists of any processing. A paleo diet includes lean proteins, seafood, fish, organic egg, nuts, leafy vegetables, organic fruits, organic seeds, herbs and spices. You can roast and boil the food.But have to avoid foods like bread, pasta, rice, beans, refined sugar, vegetable oil, dairy products.
8. Dukan diet- The dukan diet is a low carbohydrate and high protein (weight loss) diet which has 4 phases. Two weight loss phases and two maintenance phases.
1. Attack phase 2. Cruise phase 3. Consolidation phase & 4. Stabilization phase
9. Zone diet- A zone diet includes specific consumption of calories from carbohydrates and protein in specified ratio, the diet should balance the meals so that their calories come from a mix of 40 percent of carbohydrate, 30 percent of protein and 30 percent of healthy fats. Zone diet is a combination of 40-30-30 of carb, protein and fat. It is recommended to eat 5 -6 times a day to avoid overeating.
10. Balanced diet- A balanced diet includes the proper intake of calories which is about 2000 to 2200 calories per day. In which you should take macro nutrients including 250-350 grams of carbohydrates, 40-50 grams of protein and 40-60 grams of healthy fats every day with lots of vegetables and fruits for micro nutrients. Balanced diet gives all necessary nutrients for a healthy and disease free life. Add some moderate amount of exercise to loose weight (which may take some time) and to maintain a healthy weight.
*Disclaimer- This article is written to provide only information and general idea.
This article should not be used, to diagnose or treat any medical condition.
Please consult your healthcare provider before any diagnosis, treatment or medication.
The statistical information given is taken from internet sources.