1. Cauliflower 2 cups (cut into big pieces)
2. Cabbage 1 cup
3. Carrot 1 cup
4. Beans 1 cup
5. Beet root 1 cup
6. Green peas 1 cup
7. Capsicum 1/2 cup
8. Spinach 1/2 cup (optional)
9. Wheat bread 2 piece
10. Salt to taste
11. White or black pepper powder 1/2 tbs
12. Curry powder 1/2 tbs
13. Red chili powder 2 tsp
14. Coriander leaves
15. Olive oil (as required)
16. Bread crumbs
1. Take all the vegetables in a pressure cooker add 1 cup of water and cook on high heat for one whistle. If you don't have a pressure cooker, then cook the vegetables in a sauce pan with 1/2 cup of water on medium heat for 10-12 minutes.
2. Take out the vegetables, keep it in a strainer and let it to cool down. Now chop the vegetables using a chopper (Do not blend or grind the vegetables, doing such will release more water from the veggies). It is better to use a chopper or hands.
3. Now take out the chopped veggies, add salt to taste, curry powder, white pepper powder, red chili powder and finely chopped coriander leaves. Mix all the ingredients together.
4. As we are not using potatoes in this recipe, we will take 2 wheat bread and mash with the veggies which will help to bind the cutlets while frying.
5. Now keep this cutlet mix for 4-5 hours in the refrigerator.
6. Now its time to fry, take a small portion of the veggie mix between palms, make a round ball shape and press it a little bit to make a cutlet. Roll it over bread crumbs and keep aside. Make few cutlets like this.
7. Now in a non stick pan add 1 tbs of olive oil and place the cutlets, cook from both the sides till golden brown.
8. Take them out and enjoy your healthy diet cutlets with your favorite sauce.
Note- As no potatoes are used, the cutlet will be softer than the usual one.
To make it more healthy use home made baked wheat bread crumbs.