Simple Egg curry | Spicy egg curry | Dhaba style egg curry
1. Eggs 5 (boiled & peeled)
2. Onion paste 1/2 cup
3. Ginger garlic paste 2 tbsp
4. Tomato half (cut into cubes)
5. Salt to taste
6. Turmeric powder 1 tsp
7. Cumin powder 1/2 tbsp
8. Coriander powder 1/2 tbsp
9. Kashmiri red chili powder 1 tbsp
10. Garam masala 2 tsp
11. Cooking oil 3 tbsp
12. Coriander leaves (handful)
1. Boil the eggs for 15 minutes or till the eggs are boiled hard. Peel the eggs and keep them aside.
2. Take 1 tbsp of cooking oil in a pan and fry the eggs till they turn brown from all the sides. Keep the fried eggs aside.
3. Now in a pan take 2 tbs of oil, add onion, ginger and garlic paste, saute them on medium to low heat and take care not to burn the masala, saute till the raw smell of onion, ginger, garlic are gone. Add half tomatoes and cook nicely, sprinkle water if needed.
4. When the masala are almost cooked, add salt to taste, 1 tsp of turmeric powder, 1/2 tbsp cumin powder, 1/2 tbsp coriander powder and 1 tbsp kasmiri red chili powder (optional, you can also use regular red chili powder). Cook all the ingredients together.
5. Now add 2 tsp of garam masala powder, mix and pour 2 cups of water. Wait till it starts boiling.
6. When the water starts boiling add the fried eggs and let cook for 2-3 more minutes.
7. Take out the egg curry in a bowl and sprinkle handful of coriander leaves. Serve hot and enjoy with steamed rice, chapati or naan.
Thank you. Eat healthy & stay healthy.