Chicken Kofta Curry | Fried Chicken Balls in sweet Creamy Gravy | Best Chicken Kofta curry
The Chicken Kofta curry is a creamy, sweet, rich Indian cuisine that is made with fried spicy chicken balls cooked in cashew, poppy seed, and heavy cream, with other flavorful spices making it one of the delicious and palatable dish.
1. Minced Chicken 200 grams
2. Chilli powder 2 Tsp
3. Coriander powder 2 Tsp
4. Curry powder 1 Tsp
5. Salt to taste
6. Coriander leaves handful
7. Oil to fry
1. Cumin seed 1 Tsp
2. Onion paste 2 Tbsp
3. Ginger paste 1 Tbsp
4. Garlic paste 1 Tbsp
5. Cinnamon stick 1 small piece
6. Cardamom 4-5 cloves
8. Tomato paste 1/2 cup
9. Salt to taste
10. Turmeric powder 1 Tsp
11. Corriander powder 1/2 Tbsp
12. Garam masala powder 2 Tsp
13. Red Chili powder 1 Tbsp
14. Sugar 1 Tsp
15. Poppy seed 1 Tbsp
16. Cashew 10-12 pieces
17. Fresh Cream
18. Cooking oil 2 tbsp
1. In a bowl take 200 grams of minced chicken, now in this add 2 Tsp chili powder, 2 Tsp of coriander powder, and 1 Tsp curry powder.
2. Now add a handful of coriander leaves and salt to taste. (you can also add 1 Tbsp of cashew powder, which is completely optional).
3. Now mix all the ingredients together. Do not add water, oil or any other liquid, just mix the ingredients.
4. After you have mixed all the ingredients, make small balls out of the chicken mixture, make medium sized balls and keep them aside. When all the balls are ready, keep the koftas in the refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes. (This will help the chicken balls to set)
5. Now in a pan take a half cup of oil, for shallow frying or oil for deep frying. Take out the chicken balls (the koftas) from the refrigerator and fry them shallow or deep. (Alternatively, you can also air fry them without oil)
6. Fry the chicken balls or koftas for 15 to 20 minutes, till they are cooked from inside and from outside as well. Take them out on an oil-soaking kitchen paper.
7 Keep them aside till you make the kofta curry gravy.
1. In a pan take 2 tbsp of cooking oil, when the oil is warm enough add 1 Tsp cumin seeds. When the cumin seeds crackle or splutter add a half cup of onion, ginger, and garlic paste, fry the paste for 3-4 minutes on medium heat or till the raw smell is gone.
2. Now add the dry spices including four pieces of cardamom, a small piece of cinnamon, and a bay leaf. This is going to add some extra flavors and aroma to your food.
3. Now add 1 cup of tomato paste or puree, this will help in thickness of the gravy. Cook the tomato till it is cooked completely.
4 Now add the required spices including, 1 tsp of turmeric powder, 1/2 tbsp of coriander powder, 2 tsp of garam masala, and 1 tbsp of red chili powder (use the Kashmiri red chili powder for more color instead of artificial color).
5. Now add salt to taste and 1 tsp of sugar, this is going to balance all the flavors and tastes.
6. Soak 2 tbsp of poppy seed and 1/2 cashew in warm water for 15 to 20 minutes before grinding it to fine, smooth paste. After 30 minutes grind the poppy seed and cashew nuts to a fine paste and add it to the gravy.
7. Once you added the nut paste, stir continuously so that it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan. Add water as required or the amount of gravy you will like to have.
8. When the curry starts boiling, add the chicken kofta or the Chicken balls in the gravy. Just let to it boil for 5-6 minutes on medium heat till the koftas or the chicken balls are soft.
9. Finally, turn off the heat and add 1/2 cup of heavy cream for more creamy and sweet taste.
10 Now serve the Chicken kofta curry or the chicken ball sweet creamy curry with Naan, Rotis, or simply with steamed rice.
Thank you so much, for taking out your valuable time to go through the recipe, I wish you enjoyed reading and will enjoy making as well as eating it. Do share your thoughts and experience.