Veggie Prawn Curry | Healthy Prawn Curry | #shrimp | #prawn
Prawns are undoubtedly tasty and healthy seafood. The best part of this seafood is that it can be cooked alone or with vegetables, the taste is always best. Here I am writing one of my personal favorites veggie prawns curry, that makes me happy to cook and eat. Let's look at the recipe.
Preparation time - 20 minutes
Cooking time - 30 minutes
Serves - 2
1. Jumbo Prawns - 10 to 15 pieces Remove the shell, & clean.
2. Ridge gourd - 100 grams (cut into cubes)
3. Pointed gourd (Parwal) - 100 grams (cut into cubes)
5. Ginger paste - 2 tbsp
6. Garlic paste - 1 tbsp
7. Tomatoes - 1 cup (chopped)
8. Dry red chili whole - 1
9. Chopped onion - 1/2 cup
10. Turmeric powder
11. Cooking oil - 6 tbsp
12. Salt to taste
13. Turmeric powder - 1 Tsp
14. Coriander powder - 1 tbsp
15. Garam masala - 1 tbsp
16. Bay leaf - 2
17. Whole green chilies - 3 to 4
18. Coriander leaves - a handful (chopped)
1. Wash all the vegetables (ridge gourd and pointed gourds) thoroughly. Cut them into cubes and keep aside. Now in a pan add 2 tbsp of cooking oil, add the pointed gourd and fry on high heat till they turn brown from the outer part, add salt to taste and take them out and keep aside.
2. Repeat the same with the Ridge gourds. Here you can use cooked prawns or fry the fresh shrimp before making the curry.
3. Now in the pan add 2 tbsp of cooking oil, add 1/2 cup of chopped onions, fry them till golden brown. Meanwhile, make the onion, ginger, garlic, and red chili paste and add to the frying onions. Saute the 'masala' till the raw smell is gone.
4. Then add 1 cup of diced tomatoes and cook along with the onion, ginger, garlic paste. Now add salt to taste and 1 Tsp of turmeric powder.
5. Then add two bay leaves, 1 tbsp of coriander powder and 1 tbsp of garam masala powder and cook all the ingredients nicely on medium heat. Sprinkle water if needed to avoid burning or sticking of the gravy to the bottom of the pan.
6. Now add the pre-fried vegetables and cooked or fried prawns, mix all the ingredients. Add three to four whole red chilies. Pour water as needed (more or less gravy, as per your choice)
7. Once the curry starts boiling, put a handful of fresh coriander leaves. Turn off the heat, take out serve hot with rice, roti, or naan.
Thank you so much, for taking out your valuable time to go through the recipe, I wish you enjoyed reading and will enjoy making as well as eating it. Do share your thoughts and experience.