How much weight can you lose in one month | Weight loss in a month | Best way to lose weight in a month
Weight loss in a month
You have a family function next month, or your cousin's marriage, or school friends reunion party and you need to lose weight only in one month and to wonder what the maximum weight you can lose healthily in a month is. Just remember one thing "healthily." Weight loss is a journey, and you need the right amount of time to lose some pounds, though you can lose a small amount of weight in a month, it can affect your health if you try to lose more, let's learn how much lbs/kgs you can shred in 30 days.
We all know that our body weight depends on many factors including our age, metabolism, eating habits, hormonal changes, stress, and certain medical conditions. Now that you have decided to lose a few pounds in a short term period make sure to consult your primary health care provider, perform necessary tests to learn if any medical condition (hypothyroidism, PCOS, or diabetes, etc.) is the cause for your obesity. This will help you to gain an understanding of how your body works? What is the best way to lose weight? What food is best for you? And above all, you will have a professional to guide you all the time. If everything is fine, start with a diet plan, as without a proper low-calorie diet weight loss is impossible. So, let's start from the beginning so that it will be easy for you to understand.
Your time frame - One month or Thirty days
Your weight loss goal - Perhaps wondering (maximum) "how much?"
Thoughts - Water diet / Keto diet / HIIT / Intermittent fasting, etc.
The Calorie & Pound rule
3500 calories equal to 1 pound (450 grams) of fat. Thus to reduce one pound or 450 grams you need to burn about 3500 of calories.
Now let's do a little math to understand more, suppose you take about 2500 calories in a day, and you reduce 500 calories from your everyday diet and consume 2000, according to the rule in a day you make a 500 calorie deficit in your diet, so in a week (7 days) you increase it to 3500. Thus you reduce 1 pound or 450 grams in a week and 4 pounds or 1800 grams (1.8kg) in a month.
If you reduce 1000 calories from your everyday diet, according to the "calorie & pound" rule, in a day you make a 1000 calorie deficit in your diet, so in a week (7 days) the calories reduction becomes 7000. Thus you reduce 2 pounds or 900 grams in a week and 8 pounds or 3600 grams (3.6 kg) in a month.
Weight reduction essentials.
- It is essential to understand; our body takes time to adapt to the changes we make to it. When we start dieting or exercising the body gets into an auto backing system, in which it provides the calories that you made deficit, provides energy to keep things healthy and regular. So, have patience, know your body and don't rush to lose weight.
- Calorie deficit in your diet is one of the critical factors in weight reduction. Remember the rule given above is a basic knowledge of calorie and pounds, every individual is different, and everybody reacts differently to changes they make to their diet and lifestyle.
- Only cutting down calories from your diet won't help you lose weight in a month, you need to exercise or do any physical activities that are suitable for you. The key to weight reduction is the combination of both diet and workout.
- Every person is different, and so is every indivisual's metabolism, calorie intake, eating habit, and physical activity. Thus, not necessarily if someone loses 4 kgs in a month then someone else is going to reduce the same weight, he/she may lose more or even less.
- Once the body is adjusting to your new routine, it will start working fast and effectively.
- Don't fall into the calorie "games" and reduce calories entirely from your diet. Calories not only provide energy to our body but also essential for our organ functions, memory, and other important body functions.
Weight loss in 30 Days
Now that you are all set to start your one-month weight reduction journey let's know a few practical things,
- It's not possible to reduce more than 8 kgs in a month healthily.
- Only dieting and no exercise, won't work.
- Just training and no dieting, won't work.
- Water dieting for more than a week can lose your fat as well as muscle.
- Keto diet can be annoying for a month, and no carb at all can affect your memory power.
- Intermittent fasting, not for every individual and workout can be difficult with fasting.
- HIIT (high-intensity interval training) can be effective with proper diet and determination.
What to do?
- Start your day with a healthy and the right amount of breakfast, eat complex carbohydrate only in your breakfast and at no time of the day. A complex carbohydrate is going to provide you energy throughout the day.
- Initially, include cardio to your daily routine, studies show that cardio provides the best results if done in the morning, it helps in burning the fat calories, increasing the metabolism. Include at least 20 to 30 minutes of walking, running, jogging, rope jumping, cycling, or aerobics to your daily life.
- Drink plenty of water, especially after you get up in the morning; it kicks starts your metabolism and cleans your digestive system. Remember to drink water at least 1 hour after your meal (breakfast, lunch, dinner) because your the digestive juice in your stomach will break down the food you ate and drinking water just after the meal can dilute the fluid making it less effective.
- Include protein (egg, chicken, soy, paneer) to your lunch, have soups and salads. Do not take carbohydrate in your lunch and dinner. Avoid white rice, all-purpose flour, wheat flour, multigrain, brown rice, etc. in your meals. You can take wheat and brown rice in morning if you wish to.
- After a few days include some light weight training to your daily routine. Do the cardio in the morning and keep the weight training to the evening, this will help to increase your stamina, and reduce calorie even when you are sitting or sleeping.
- Take a light dinner; only salads can be best. Remember to eat healthy snacks whenever you are hungry like cucumber, apple, carrots, healthy nuts, etc.
- Completely avoid sugar, sugary food, juices, fruits that are high in sugars.
- Completely avoid saturated fats, butter, clarified butter, shortenings, etc. But do take healthy fats found in nuts, egg, avocados, virgin olive oil, coconut oil, etc. Fats are essential for our body, and it functions so do not go for a boiled diet for a long time.
Take these few steps to reduce your weight, and definitely, in a month you will find a significant weight reduction. Remember, weight reduction with good food and a moderate workout is the key for healthy you, Wish you all the best for your weight loss journey, believe in yourself and stay healthy.
*Disclaimer- This article is written to provide only information and general idea.
This article should not be used, to diagnose or treat any medical condition.
Please consult your healthcare provider before any diagnosis, treatment or medication.