Shahi Malai Murg | The Creamy Chicken Curry | #Indiancurry
Today I am writing one of my favorite chicken curry, the Shahi Malai Murg or the royal Creamy Chicken curry, as the name suggests this curry is extremely rich, flavorful, and high in calories. Though the preparation timing is lengthy, believe me, the taste is worth waiting. So, let's look at the recipe.
Preparation time - 45 minutes
Cooking time - 50 minutes
Serves - 4
1. Chicken - 800 grams
3. Garlic - 7 to 8 cloves
4. Ginger - 1 inch
5. Tomatoes - 2
6. Cashew - 4 to 5 pieces
7. Melon seeds - 2 tbsp
8. Green Chilies - 2
9. Coriander leaves - Handful
10. Salt to taste
11. Turmeric powder - 2 Tsp
12. Garam Masala - 1/2 tbsp
13. Lemon Juice - 2 tbsp
14. Heavy cream - 1 tbsp (for garnish)
15. Red Chili powder - 2 Tsp
16. Cooking oil - 5 tbsp
1. Wash the chicken pieces thoroughly, drain the water and marinade with salt to taste, 2 Tsp of turmeric powder, 2 Tsp f red chili powder, and 2 tbsp of lemon juice. Mix properly, cover and let it sit for 20 to 30 minutes.
2. While the chicken is marinating, prepare the creamy gravy. For that in a pan take one tbsp of cooking oil, add the onions and fry till they turn golden brown. Take out, let it cool, and grind the fried onions to a fine paste. Keep aside.
3. Now grind an inch of ginger along with 7 to 8 cloves of garlic, 2 green chilies, and a handful of coriander leaves to paste, keep aside. Repeat the same with the cashew and melon seeds grind to a fine paste and finally puree a tomato.
4. When all the preparations are done, start cooking by adding 4 tbsp of oil into the pan, and a teaspoon of sugar (caramelized sugar gives the curry a beautiful dark color). Add one cup of onions cut into juliennes to the caramelized oil.
5. When the onions turn golden brown, add the ginger, garlic, green chili, and coriander leaves paste to it. Cook on medium to low heat for 5 to 7 minutes, or till the raw smell of the ginger and garlic is gone. Now add garam masala and stir.
6. Now the marinated chicken to the pan and stir. Do not add any additional salt or spices, as the marinated chicken contains all the flavors. Give it a stir.
7. Add one cup tomato puree, the fried onion paste, cashew & melon seeds paste, and one diced tomato. Now mix all the ingredients together and cook on medium heat for 30 to 40 minutes. The chicken may release water, but cook till you get an adequate amount of gravy in your curry.
8. Once the chicken is cooked add 1 tbsp of cream, cover, and turn off the heat. Serve hot with steamed rice or butter chapati and enjoy your Shahi Malai Murg.
Thank you so much, for taking out your valuable time to go through the recipe, I wish you enjoyed reading and will enjoy making as well as eating it. Do share your thoughts and experience.