Mathura Cake (no yeast) | Indian Style Doughnut | Homemade no yeast Doughnut #doughnut recipe
This recipe is delicious and proves food has no boundaries. The Mathura Cake is famous Indian street food and snack that makes everyone's mouth water. A small, round-shaped, sweet fried bread dough tastes almost like a doughnut, while warm chocolate syrup is poured over the doughnut, the white, snowy sugar powder is dusted over the Mathura cake. I am sure you are going to love this recipe, So let's check on it.
Cooking Time - 10 minutes
Serves - 4
1. All-purpose flour - 1 cup
2. Sour Curd - 1/2 cup
3. Salt - 1/2 Tsp
4. Powdered sugar - 1 tbsp
5. Baking Soda - 1 & 1/2 Tsp
6. Vanilla essence - 1 Tsp
7. Cooking oil or clarified butter (ghee) - 1/2 tbsp
8. Cooking oil - for deep frying
1. In a big bowl take 1/2 cup of sour curd (as not using yeast) to this add 1/2 Tsp of salt, 1 tbsp of powdered sugar, 1& 1/2 Tsp of baking soda, 1 Tsp of vanilla essence, and 1/2 tbsp of cooking oil or clarified butter (ghee).
2. Then add all-purpose flour, add slowly and knead it to a soft dough. Do not add water, add the necessary amount of flour needed in 1/2 cup of curd, Now cover and keep it in a warm place for about 30 minutes.
3. After 30 minutes, dust your palms with some dry flour and make small round-shaped balls from the dough. Now warm oil in a pan on medium heat and add the round cakes into it, do not increase the temperature of the stove, frying time is more for this recipe. Fry them from both the sides till they are fried or the color of the Mathura Cake is changed.
4. Take the cakes out on a kitchen towel, serve it on a plate and dust plenty of powdered sugar on the top of it and enjoy a delicious Indian street food the Mathura Cake or the Indian doughnut.
Thank you so much, for taking out your valuable time to go through the recipe, I wish you enjoyed reading and will enjoy making as well as eating it. Do share your thoughts and experience.